Guillem Valle (Barcelona 1983):
I became interested in documentary photography when I travelled to Sarajevo at the age of 14 in an Exchange Student program.
Since then, I have worked for uncountable newspapers and magazines around the world, always maintaining my own photographic agenda.
I based myself in Bangkok in 2010 and started covering Southeast Asia for several international media such as The New York Times, The Guardian or The Wall Street Journal among others.
Little by little I started shifting my carrier towards filmmaking.
In 2016 I studied cinema direction at ESCAC film school in Terrassa and I now live in Barcelona and work as
I also practice Aikido and love dogs.
Awards and Exhibitions
- World Press Photo 2011 Portraits 3rd Prize.
- Best of Photojournalism 2010.
- Finalist of International Photography Award 2009.
- Finalist Alexia Foundation Grant 2010.
- Finalist 14º prize “Encuentro Internacional de Fotoperiodismo
- Palestine: Dignity under Siege at Institut d’Estudis Fotografics de Catalunya. Barcelona. 2004.
- Asia and Europe, Dialogue of Cultures (Photographic Museum, Yekaterinburg, Rusia. 2009.
- Mines of the Conflict. Screening at The Internacional de Photo-Meeting in Gijón. 2011.
- 3/11 Tsunami
- Unpublished. Collective Exhibition at The Circle of Art. Barcelona. 2013